Autumn is upon us and when seasons change so does our skin… As dry, colder air arrives, skin may lose precious moisture. Autumn also provides an opportunity to recover from the summer toll on the skin left by sun, chlorine and saltwater.
TIP OF THE WEEK:
Sacred Lotus would like to offer a few “Do’s and Don’ts” to keep your skin
healthy and beautiful with the seasonal changes ahead!
- Do exfoliate and moisturize: It’s best to apply moisturizer directly after a bath or shower to help seal in and replenish the skin with the necessary water and oils.
- Do protect your lips. Continue to protect against the sun’s ultraviolet rays. But also start moisturizing now to prevent dry, cracked lips this winter.
- Do switch from lotion to cream. As the air becomes drier, skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier to provide hydration.
- Do invest in hand cream. Hands often become dry and cracked during the winter. Start moisturizing hands now to ensure soft and healthy hands all winter long.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen: Even though the temperatures seem cooler and the days shorter, children and adults should continue to apply sunscreen before heading to outdoor activities.